Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gingered White Chocolate Biscotti

Pin It

I have been on a cookie hiatus this month, but I broke down, I needed a little something sweet, dang it. I scoured the pantry and found leftover white chocolate chips, not my favorite, and crystallized ginger, and it reminded me of a biscotti Lori passed on to me a number of years ago. Something intriguing happens when you bake those white chips with ginger, sort of a flavor explosion, and a delicious explosion at that. I was thinking she got the recipe from Cooking Light, but there were no results from my search. I found similar recipes on the web, but didn't see it attributed to anyone in particular, and many were biscotti coated in white chocolate. Blech! . It's a really crumbly dough, so I usually moisten it a little so it doesn't crumble all over and makes it easier to manipulate. They bake up very crunchy on the second baking which makes for great dunkers!


Ginger White Chocolate Biscotti

2 cups flour
⅔ cup sugar
2 Tablespoons crystallized ginger, minced
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
4 oz white chocolate chips or chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 egg white

Combine flour, sugar, ginger, soda and salt in a large bowl. Add chocolate chips. Combine next three ingredients with a whisk and add to flour mixture. I sometimes add a Tablespoon of milk to help it bind together. Shape into log and bake on parchment or Silpat at 350° for 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 325°. Slice logs into ½" slices and bake to dry out, about 10 minutes. Cool.

Delicious and easy! So...get in there and bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment