Wednesday, July 13, 2011

As Seen On TV

Pin It
I like to watch TV. There I said it. I really thought my career would be based in television. I have my regular programs. Usually the Today show in the mornings. CBS Sunday Mornings on Sunday. The reality shows, Bachelorette, Survivor, Big Brother, Pawn Stars, Whale Wars. I know, pretty pathetic right. Let's not forget Finding Bigfoot. I also TiVo Hell's Kitchen and Top Chef. I'm not a huge fan of the Food Network shows, but always enjoyed Michael Chiarello and the irreverent Anthony Bourdain.

I don't usually go back and hunt down recipes I've seen made on the shows. I think of a cooking demo on TV like a recipe in a cookbook. Read it through, understand what the idea is, and then improvise. I have gone back to a Top Chef Just Desserts recipe because it was Rice Crispies and Nutella, and then there was the 4th of July and the Today show s'mores.

I am normally not a cookie bar kind of person, but I really love a s'more. Toasted marshmallows are one of my favorites. This pastry chef, Anne Thornton made her s'mores with a graham crust, melted chocolate and toasted marshmallows. Not exactly earth shattering, certainly not original, but I was happy someone figured out all the proportions in the crust for me! She also added some smoked chipotle chili powder to give hers a kick. I opted not to. The verdict. Um...yum. I cut them very small and we all ate a lot of them. I mean they were good. The best part was I whipped them up in no time. A great standby recipe for sure! So what are ya waiting for? Watch a little TV and get in there and bake!

1 comment:

  1. Ohh they look great! Umm recipe? It's Alex's 6 birthday party on Saturday and I need a bit of help...plus I'm working day and night until then so quick and easy is for me.

    ReplyDelete