Monday, November 5, 2012

Cookie Con

Pin It

Yes, there is a place for cookie decorators!
I have returned from Cookie Con, the first annual, held in Salt Lake City.  A wonderful event with 200 sugar cookie decorators like me!  We laughed, we shopped, we ate and we learned from the most amazing people.  The presenters included, Callye, also known as Sweet Sugarbelle, Mary Ann the Cookie Artisan, Glory from Glorious Treats, Pam from CookieCrazie, Ali from AliBee's Bakeshop, Arty McGoo,  Lisa the Bearfoot Baker and of course Karen and Mike from Karen's Cookies and Julia Usher, author of Ultimate Cookies and Cookie Swap.  It was entertaining and educational, and I fell in love with Salt Lake City!

Mandy (I adopted her this weekend) and Costello.  Sorry, Italians call other Italians by their last name!
Mary Kate, Laura, Mandy, Julie, Rachel, Me, Becky at the banquet.  Hate to say goodbye!

Free Beer and Popcorn!  Me, Mandy, Julie, Laura, Becky and Rachel.  Mary Kate is missing!
I also made some amazing new friends from all over, and I know we will be busy sharing our stuff!  My friend Rachel at Baked by Rachel has pictures of some of the presenters and cookies that were made for the show, so head over there.  I swiped the pictures of us girls!

The gorgeous Mormon Temple at 6 a.m.  Rachel and I felt pretty special there!
So stay tuned.  I am inspired to get back to the kitchen and fire up the ovens, and can hardly wait to share the cookie creations that are running around my brain!  Until then, what are you waiting for?  Get in there and bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment