Friday, April 12, 2013

Happy 80th Cookies Times Two!

Pin It




I count my blessings every day.  I always start with my Mom and Dad. Not only have they been happily married for 60 years, they are both still healthy.  When my friend told me her parents were both turning 80, I was thrilled they wanted some sugar cookies.  So of course I think of my cookie idols and the beautiful china cookies, the antiqued cookies, flowers and all the other things you think of when you think of "older" folks.  Ha, jokes on me.  No doubt my friend gets her spunky spirit from her parents, they wanted color!  Nothing too serious, and not boring.  So how about a platter full of colorful candles?  Why not.  One of my favorite cookies to decorate!  And yes, I spelled the names correctly.  We're from the South you see, if you don't come up with something cute and clever for the grandkids to call you, you could be Granny.  So happy 80th Geez and Grumps!

No comments:

Post a Comment