Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy Birthday America!

Pin It


I love this holiday.  My memories are of summer days at the lake with my cousins, grandparents  aunts and uncles.  There would be long days of swimming and skiing, canoes and sailboats, followed with card games and hammocks and a cookout.  Times have changed, and no family lives nearby.  So I decided to make some 4th cookies for a few friends.  I know everyone would love cookies, but I have a pocketful of friends that are there no matter what.  And they don't even know they yanked me out of my pity party. 










It was a great way to use up some frozen dough and make a few for our own celebration. I filled a jar for our own celebration, and

I bought these cute little star bowls at Crate and Barrel and thought they would make a cute vessel for the cookies.  but some got a little cellophane bag with cookies, it's a happy treat.  Plus, the bowls will be perfect at Christmas too!  So have a happy 4th!  Here's my favorite shot of my kids, many years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment