Monday, December 3, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...

Pin It


It's a Pumpkin Cutter!




Upside Down Gingerbread man, sans the feet!

Rudy!


You know the song.  A friend called and wanted cookies for a preschool party.  Santa faces and Rudolphs.  Yep, that was it.  Pretty straight forward, fairly basic, except...I don't have either of those cutters! So what to do?

Last month at CookieCon, Sugarbelle did a lecture on redesigning your cookie, thinking outside the cookie cutter if you will.  Well I listened, and thought I had a good grasp on it, I mean this is the 2nd time I've heard her give this talk.  So what did I do?  I came home and threw away all my undecorated, frozen Halloween cookies.  Then I confessed it on the Cookie Con Facebook page, and the lashing commenced.  I just couldn't see anything but ghosts and spider webs.  There are some amazing, talented bakers out there, and they did amazing things with their Halloween cookies.  I, did not.

So I am on the hunt for the Santa face and Rudy, and I thought, let's see what Sugarbelle may have said about this dilemma.  And there it was.  The Santa face from a pumpkin! Awesome~
I decided I could work out Rudy with my Frankenstien head cutter and prepared to bake, when I got a Facebook message from the greatest volleyball coach of all time in Bahrain.  She posted a platter of reindeer made out of an upside down gingerbread man.  So, yea.  Look at me!

Here's hoping those 1 year olds love their cookies!  And stay tuned, there is much more to come! What are you waiting for?  Get out ALL those cookie cutters, and bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment