Monday, March 11, 2013

Coconut Oil Chocolates

Pin It




 So in keeping with my resolution, I have a Pinterest recipe that I have put to the test.  Coconut oil chocolates.  I love the benefits of coconut oil, and use it daily.  It's great for rubbing on dry elbows and dry lips, makes the best popcorn and I use it to rinse my mouth (admittedly a little gross).  When I saw this Pin, I thought it was interesting.  The recipe was rather large, so I used the same proportions and made it much smaller.

Coconut Oil Chocolates

2 Tablespoons Virgin Coconut Oil (this is my favorite)
1 Tablespoon Pernigotti Cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons honey
small dash vanilla paste



Simply melt the ingredients except the vanilla and whisk it until smooth.  Remove from heat, add vanilla and pour into molds.  The photo shows these rather enormous chocolates, but I have these small tin and silicone molds that I have owned for years.  I can see my mom molding butter for special occasions in the silicone milds.





The silicone worked great, you could simply pop them out.  The tin molds were not so successful.  I think I may hit the sweet store and look for a silicone bunny and experiment making my own chocolates.  I am sure there is a way to make the tin ones work, but on this day, it wasn't going to happen!  The gal at the sweet store suggested freezing them.  So maybe when I make them again (which I will) in my new bunny molds, we'll try the little tin ones again.    

I think it is a little dark for Mr. Preppy, but I thought maybe the addition of peanut better might make it more palate pleasing.  They probably could stand a little more whisking, as they seem to separate a little in the color when they harden.  But they are super smooth and creamy!  So many ideas!  Cute and delicious!  Happy Pinning, and what are you waiting for?  Get in there and cook, bake, create!

No comments:

Post a Comment