Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Gluten Free Almond Butter and Chocolate Cookies

Pin It


Just a few weeks back I made some gluten free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies,  Whew, that's a mouthful!  Well, they were delicious, and when I posted the recipe, a friend said she was going to make them with almond butter.  Hmmm.  Me too!  The consistency was much different than with peanut butter, a little heavy, so I added 1/4 cup of coconut oil to make it a little creamier.  I also scaled back the amount of chocolate.  The original cookies had..too much.  I know, hard to believe.  But these are really more like a cookie, less like a bunch of chips!  Here's how they went.

1 cup creamy almond butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup old fashioned oats
dark chocolate chips (not a whole bag)



Cream the almond butter sugar, vanilla and coconut oil.  When mixed, add dry ingredients and stir well. The batter is really sticky (and pretty tasty), and I made smaller cookies this time, baking on a Silpat.  350ยบ, for 10-15 minutes.





These were a little fluffier than the peanut butter version, and honestly, I think I like them better.  Almond butter is not a flavor that is in your face like peanut butter, so the subtlety is perfect for me.  The recipe will make about 4 dozen smaller, perfect size cookies.  So, what are you waiting for?  Get in there and bake!




No comments:

Post a Comment