Monday, August 6, 2012

SRC No Bake Nutella Cheesecake

Pin It






When I got this month's assignment for the Secret Recipe Club, I was so excited.  Delishhh is an amazing blog written by Ewa.  She is born in Sweden, raised in Asia and currently lives in one of my favorite cities, Seattle.  I knew her blog would be full of cool stuff, but I wanted to make something Swedish.  So I decided on JordgubbstĂ„rta.  Which is a Swedish strawberry birthday cake.  I am hoping I didn't butcher the spelling with that little "a" I inserted!  But wait!

I thought this cake would be a light dessert for one of those last family meals before my kids head back to college and my nest is empty again.  But no.  My kids asked what was for dessert and I told them it was SRC, and they said they would look for something for dessert.  Lucky for us, Ewa likes to bake (and not bake!) and after looking at every blog post, my kids unanimously decided we were having No Bake Nutella Cheesecake.  Who can argue with that?
Pantry Basics

Easy crust making in the Vitamix...


This is so easy to make.  Basically you grind the graham crackers and butter to make your crust, and whip the rest together for the filling.  Chill.  Seriously, it just cannot be beat.  And delicious?  Yea, it is that for sure!  So, what are you waiting for?  Get in there and bake (or not bake!)

No Bake Nutella Cheesecake from Delishhh

CRUST

9 oz. graham crackers (about 2 packages from a Nabisco Honey Maid box)
7 T melted butter

Crush crackers in a food processor or blender until fine crumbs.  Add melted butter and pulse until moistened.  Dump into 8" Springform pan and press up sides.  Chill while you make the filling.

A tart tamper makes the crust firm

FILLING

8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
3.5 oz. confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
13 oz. jar Nutella
1/2 cup heavy cream

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.  Add the Nutella and beat until incorporated and then mix in the whipping cream.  Dollop into the prepared crust and chill for at least 4 hours.  Ewa crushed some Ferro Rocher chocolate candies on her cheesecake.  We just topped it with whipped cream.  This is rich and decadent and super fast to boot!


No comments:

Post a Comment