Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sparkly Sea Shells

Pin It
Last year I sent my mom some sea shell cookies for her birthday. They are found here. My original idea was to make them pale pink. But the color got away from me and they ended up to be colorful cookies. No worries, it's all about the taste, and my mom loves anything I bake her! But after reading a post from an amazing sugar cookie baker LilaLoa and she posted her seashells that were pure white, I knew I had to make them again. Simplicity speaks volumes. I think my mom is going to love these cookies! One caveat...when I took the picture, I knew I needed a little brown sugar sand. I only had dark brown sugar, and nothing could be further from the gorgeous white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico in St. Pete Beach. Hope you had a happy birthday mom!

4 comments:

  1. You have to be the best daughter/baker ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! I LOVE the simple sparkle you added to the cookies as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ...LilaLoa you were my inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love these cookies. They are beautiful to look at.

    Thank you so much for your email, I will let you know how I get on- very excited to be pretend Southerners in Sydney!

    ReplyDelete