Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Jubilee Celebration!

Pin It
I have returned from the 1760 mile, 10 day road trip. We spent 35 hours in the car, visited 41 relatives, hit 6 states and crossed the Mississippi River 5 times! It was an awesome adventure. It began with Chicago and volleyball camp for Christina. It culminated with a huge Jubilee Celebration in Dubuque, IA. I have so many stories to tell, I hope you will indulge me. But first, the cookies I made for the Jubilee. My Aunt Joyce is a member of the Sisters Of Charity of Blessed Virgin Mary. She is a nun. July 31 was her 50th anniversary as a BVM. I am writing a blog on the whole event, but I had to bring a little something for the honoree. I hand carried a tin of cookies 1.000 miles for her. They were fun and colorful, and the reviews were great, so they didn't suffer any ill effects on the great road trip! I had originally wanted to make nun cookies with little black and white habits. The consensus from my cookie critics was that they were appearing more like Death Eaters from the Deathly Hallows and not at all fun and celebratory. So they did not make the trip, nor the photo shoot! So hang tight. Lots of great stories, photos and food to come! What are ya waiting for? Get in there and bake! (Especially if the AC is on!)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cookies for a beautiful celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW fun! Tell away! Love traveling stories! I like to pretend I went too! And as for the cookies, they are beautiful! Gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete