Monday, August 8, 2011

When Life Gives You Dough, Make Cookies

Pin It
There are lots of times I am baking up a storm with a purpose. Perhaps a few dozen for a friend or family member. But when you have extra dough, what is a baker to do? It's a lovely dilemma. This is when I go pawing through my bins of cookie cutters and start thinking of what I would like to attempt to decorate. Cookie cutters I have never used.

I have some great antique ones, but I was not happy with the results, some children's characters', those will require some time to decorate. But there in my freezer were some miscellaneous hearts and stars, some anchors and squares, just some basics to remind me that I never got around to doing all the 4th of July cookies. Enough to satisfy a few, but not as many as I ambitiously planned when I was rolling dough. It works like that sometime. But it is nice when you are doing an order and have all this great frosting and there in the freezer is a bevy of cookies ready to go.

I did these to take to my childhood friends and a few relatives on my Midwestern road trip. They were a hit! Never mind they were intended for the Fourth, a birthday party or a thank you. They're just cookies...and no one ever complains! Back to the road trip soon. And I suppose at some point I will have to cook too. Thanks for hanging around. I will, get in there and cook!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe there is a bucket and spade cookie cutter! I love your flooding work as always.
    Enjoy the rest of your trip....you have all the time in the world to cook

    ReplyDelete