Friday, May 11, 2012

Cookies For the Moms

Pin It


So this weekend is the most important holiday of the year.  Mother's Day.  I don't know about you, but I am darn lucky in the mom department.  So I sent my mom and mother-in-law cookies to let them know that I am thinking of them while I bake away the days!  



My mom really taught me everything I know in the kitchen.  In some way, her little lessons led to bigger and bigger things.  It started with her making the dough and rolling it out.  I would choose the cookie cutters and cut the dough, she would bake them.  She taught me how to get the most cookies each time she rolled the dough.  And then she made the frosting and left me to it.  I think it's safe to say I evolved over the years, but would I be doing this everyday if my mom hadn't given me the green light in the kitchen?



My inspiration this year was this card I found.  I love the pink and orange, and thought I could practice my brush embroidery that I learned from Ali Bee at Spring Fling. I also made more of SugarBelles marigolds because I am hoping to get better at it!  I took a picture of the cookies all plattered, and then gingerly wrapped them to mail.  I did a lot of little sizes because they are the perfect size for a nibble.





So to my moms, and all the mothers out there,  I hope you have a great Mother's Day!  Both my kids will be home, and that is all this mom needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment